So some of you’ve already heard whispers about this, but it’s time to get this up and running.
If you’re interested in a low-key, semi-real time Skyrim RP, my coworkers, my friends, and I are starting one over on Formspring. The setting will be the Bee and Barb in Riften, and OCs (Dragonborn or otherwise) and NPCs are welcome to come play. (I’ll get together a more formal page about the setting over the next couple of days while we wait for people to get their pages up.)
- Responses to questions asked are not space limited.
- You can screen replies, which allows you to script out actions, etc, in a way you can’t on Twitter.
- No spam/harassment on your feed, since you control what you answer.
- Characters have home pages, so if you’re RPing at work with a single player you can “sit” on their page and know for a fact what’s going to show will be safe for work.
- No threads to stagnate/stall when waiting for people who get busy/etc to come back and post. Your characters walk into the inn when they’re there and walk out when they’re not.
- No limit on how many characters are linked to an e-mail, which means you can run more than one without having to make dummy accounts/getting annoying messages a la Twitter.
What I’m Offering:
- I will host a master list of links to all character profiles submitted to me (see Braith’s about for an idea of what I mean.)
- I will keep track of which NPCs have been called and which haven’t so we don’t end up with ALL THE ULFRICS and no Aelas.
- I will NOT moderate, “accept,” or “reject” characters. I’m providing guidelines and the loosest of rules so we may all play together nicely. However, if you ask for an NPC and someone is already actively running one, once I’ve mentioned this, please don’t dive in and run your version anyway.
What I ask:
- If you’re interested, use the template under this readmore to tell us more about the character you’ll run. (Consider not making them Dragonborn.) Post the template on your Tumblr, reply to this post with the link, and I’ll add you to the Master List.
- If you want an NPC, send me an ask and I’ll tell you if he or she has been claimed yet. If not, woo! If so, pick another.
- Please think carefully before making your character a Nightingale, Harbinger, Listener, Archmage, etc. These are titles that would be much more fun to achieve with other characters via plot. (If I put Braith into play, she won’t be a guild master OR a Dragonborn, for example.) Think of this more of a reboot of a character rather than a re-hash of your game.
- You’ll want to make a Formspring account, too.
Sound interesting? The template for your OC is under here. Answer applicable questions for NPCs, too!